Sunday 13 October 2013

Coffee-licious!

I'm all grown up - and drinking coffee! For the last 30 years of my life I have had a caffeine free diet (apart from the occasional post drinking session, redbull pick me up). I didn't like the smell of coffee, left all the coffee flavoured chocolates in a box of roses and even turned my nose up at a slice of coffee and walnut cake. In fact it wasn't just coffee, I didn't do any hot drinks, coffee, tea, herbal tea, hot lemon, peppermint tea - even hot chocolates were limited to very, very cold days out. Coffee shops were for sophisticated people.

A couple of weeks ago I was sat with a friend in a coffee shop discussing how we were starting to actually feel grown up. How we were starting to swap company magazine in favour of women's health, how we can go out on the town for just a few drinks and quite happily hand over the 'lets drink as much as we can and wear the smallest skirt we can' baton over to the younger generation. When I caught a glimpse of myself in the window, chatting away and sipping on a carton of ribena. Not very grown up or sophisticated. 

So I braved it - I went up to the counter and ordered a latte.....with a shot of gingerbread syrup (still need to keep a glimpse of the inner child) and I loved it. Tasted like Christmas in a glass. Then came the caffeine buzz and I was hooked. Two Bialetti mocha pots later and my shot glasses are primarily used for coffee making not tequila shooting. So it's official, I am grown up....and some what sophisticated.

In honour of my new found love here's 10 things you didn't know about caffeine from http://en.ilovecoffee.jp/

No comments:

Post a Comment